Cover Your Rainiest Days with Personal Umbrella Insurance
No, we're not asking you to take out a policy on your soggy-weather gear. Yet much like an umbrella, this aptly-named insurance helps provide you with a canopy of protection against catastrophic financial events. Picture this:
- Your neighbor slips in your yard and successfully sues you for $2 million. But your homeowners insurance tops out at $500,000.
- Your teenager is at fault in a major car accident, harming several people and causing damage well in excess of your $300,000 car insurance coverage limits.
- Your dog bites and seriously injures a child. You are liable for the extensive medical expenses.
These are just a few unfortunate (aka: nightmare) situations in which a personal umbrella policy could come to the rescue by providing additional coverage up to the limits of your umbrella policy.
In other words, once your primary insurance coverage runs out—whether it’s your homeowner’s insurance, car insurance, or boat insurance—your personal umbrella policy kicks in. Plus, umbrella insurance covers many situations that typically aren’t covered by other liability policies.
Get a quote, just call 1-866-272-5192. Get your quote faster; preview what you'll need before you call.
And don't worry—it's not bad luck to open an umbrella policy indoors.
Umbrella Insurance - Telephone Hours
Whether you're ready to purchase a policy or you still have additional questions, we're here for you. Give us a call at 1-866-272-5192.
For all States in the Eastern Time Zone plus Alabama, Arkansas, Illinois, Louisiana, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee, and Wisconsin:
Monday thru Thursday 7:00 AM – 11:00 PM (ET) Friday 7:00 AM – 9:00 PM (ET) Saturday & Sunday 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM (ET)
For all States in the Pacific and Mountain Time Zones plus Alaska, Hawaii, Iowa, Kansas, Nebraska, North Dakota, Oklahoma, South Dakota, and Texas:
Monday thru Friday 6:00 AM – 9:00 PM (PT) Saturday & Sunday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (PT)
How Much Umbrella Insurance Coverage Do You Need?
You can take out an umbrella policy with coverage limits of $1 million to $10 million. Can't imagine that you would need that much coverage? You might be surprised. Follow these three quick steps to get an idea of how big an umbrella you may need:
Step 1: Add up your assets (including the worth of your home*, money in the bank, stocks, bonds, 401(k) funds and other retirement savings, and other assets—maybe you have a collection of rare lunchboxes?).
Step 2: See how much liability coverage you have on your homeowners, auto, and boat policies.
Step 3: Determine if your current liability policies cover your assets.
If you don't have protection that exceeds your assets, you owe it to yourself to consider a personal umbrella policy. For an affordable premium, you can protect yourself against a financial tsunami.
Affordable Premiums, Many Payment Options
Discover how little it takes to get a lot of coverage for your assets. Just call 1-866-272-5192 for a free quote.
Once you purchase your policy, you can choose from many convenient payment options:
- Web-Pay – Register your account online using your auto policy number or log into your existing GEICO account. Then, simply provide your checking account, debit card, or credit card information, and submit your payment instantly.
- Automatic Payments from a Checking Account – Never worry about missing a payment. Enroll in electronic funds transfer (EFT) to have your payments automatically deducted from your checking account. (Note: This option is only available to you if you pay your GEICO car insurance via EFT.)
- Automatic Payments on a Credit Card – Prefer to have your payment posted to your credit card automatically? Then, enroll in our Recurring Credit Card (RCC) payment method and your payments will be charged to your credit card automatically. (Note: This option is only available to you if you pay your GEICO car insurance via RCC.)
- Traditional Payment Methods – Pay the old-fashioned way! Just mail us a check or money order.
Have questions about umbrella insurance?
Just call us anytime at 1-866-272-5192. We can:
- Help you determine your optimal coverage levels
- Discuss exactly what your personal umbrella policy would cover
- Answer questions about premiums and payment options
- Help you get a free quote for a personal umbrella policy
Your Security is Important to Us