By Shanna Parks
Don't just take our word for it - windshield repair is a breeze, according to GEICO policyholders.
"Our customers are delighted that we offer windshield repair service to them at no charge," says John Little, an assistant vice president at GEICO. "With comprehensive coverage on your policy, we waive the deductible for damage that can be repaired."
If you have a small chip, nick or crack in your windshield, we can send a professional repair technician to your home or office. Just give us a call and we'll make all the necessary arrangements.
"Repairing the windshield protects its structural integrity," says Little. "It is important to have the damage repaired as quickly as possible to prevent the chip or crack from spreading." Chips must be smaller than a quarter, and cracks must be smaller than a dollar bill to be repairable.
If your vehicle's glass is damaged, report your glass claim online and schedule a convenient repair appointment or call 1-800-510-2291.
Why use GEICO's windshield repair?
- It's convenient. You don't have to take time off work or rent a car while the repair is being completed. A technician will come to your home or place of work and do the repair on the spot.
- It's quick. The repair is done while you wait. In most cases, that means approximately 30 minutes.
- It's inexpensive. The deductible for windshield repair is waived, if you carry comprehensive coverage.
- You can avoid other problems. Replacing a windshield, instead of repairing it, involves breaking the original factory seal. That can make the area around the windshield more prone to leaks, which can lead to additional problems.
- You can help protect the environment. Because a layer of laminate is fused to windshield glass, it's more difficult to recycle. By repairing your existing windshield, disposal isn't an issue.
"The website is so easy to maneuver around in and I can do everything without having to talk to someone. I had a chip in my windshield repaired and the auto body shop couldn't believe how quickly they received approval!"
— Diane B. from Mississippi
"I am pleased with the fast service I got. A bird or rock hit my windshield on my way to work. One call and the same day I had a glass repair guy knocking on my door ready to fix my window. That is awesome."
— Paul B. from Georgia
"I had a chip in my windshield. It was repaired by noon the following day, at my home, without any hassle! Go GEICO."
— Joseph T. from California