Just the facts - you decide
You know the risks, you want the responsibility and instead of being treated like a kid you want the cold hard facts.
As a responsible young driver, we hope that you'll use this information to make informed decisions about your abilities, potential distractions and ways to keep you and your friends safe on the road.
To the point...
- Over 74,000 young people die or are injured each year by not wearing seatbelts.
- In their first year of driving 1 in 5 16-year-old drivers has an accident.
- Attitude is one of the most important factors in safe driving.
- Two-thirds of teen passenger deaths are in vehicles driven by other teenagers.
- Over one-third of teen fatal crashes are speed related.
- According to the California Office of Traffic Safety, a 16-year-old is 20 times more likely to be killed in a crash than an adult.
- The risk of a fatal crash is three times greater at night, for every mile driven.
- Practicing in all weather conditions is the only preparation for severe weather driving.
- One-third of all crashes are at intersections.
- Underage drinking and drug use is illegal.