Tennessee Car Insurance
Recent Storm Victims
If you reside in a TN declared "State of Emergency county" from the tornadoes of Mar 2-3, 2020, please call (888) 841-4410 for more info or to request assistance with billing.
Learn more about auto insurance in Tennessee.
Whether you're moving to Tennessee and need auto insurance coverage, or you're just looking for cheap car insurance, that doesn't cut corners, you'll be glad you got a quote with GEICO.
We want to save you money. We offer a wide range of discounts to try to help you keep as much money as we can. Check out some discounts we offer to drivers in Tennessee.
- Car insurance discounts
- Membership & employee discounts
- Military discounts
- Federal employee discounts
We couldn't list all the discounts here, but rest assured we check for you when you get your quote. You can also visit our discounts page for more information.
Tennessee Multi-Line Discount Information
In Tennessee, you could also save when you combine you home and auto insurance policies. We'll help you get the right coverage for your homeowners insurance and car insurance at a great price. If you purchase your qualifying policy through GEICO, your Multi-Line Discount will be automatically applied.
Tennessee customers may qualify for a discount if your current homeowners, renters, or condo, co-op, or mobile home coverages are sold through one of our partner insurance companies.
Partner Companies in Tennessee
|All Risks||Homeowners of America||Security First|
|Cabrillo||Narragansett Bay||Universal NA|
|Chubb||National General||Universal Property & Casualty|
|Fed Nat||QBE First||UPC Ins.|
To confirm eligibility for a partner policy not purchased through GEICO, and have the discount applied, send a current copy of your property policy's declarations page to us one of the following ways:
- Fax: (866) 954-0966
- Email: Underwriting7@geico.com
- Mail: GEICO
ATTN: Region 7 Return Policy Work
PO Box 9520
Fredericksburg, VA 22403
Please include your auto policy number on any correspondence that you send us.
Minimum Required Tennessee Car Insurance Coverage
Tennessee drivers must carry the following required minimum car insurance coverages and limits:
- Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $15,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident*
- Uninsured motorist property damage: $15,000 per accident*
While these are the minimum coverages Tennessee requires, everyone's insurance needs are unique. Visit our Coverage Calculator for a personalized recommendation.
Tennessee Graduated Licensing Program for Teen Drivers
Tennessee has a Graduated Licensing Program for young drivers. Drivers under the age of 18 go through three phases of licensing:
- Learner's permit
- Intermediate restricted license
- Intermediate unrestricted license
This is designed to help new drivers get supervised experience while preparing for full driving privileges.
Tennessee Registration Information
New residents holding a valid out-of-state driver license must obtain a Tennessee driver license no later than thirty (30) days after establishing residency. All out-of-state driver licenses must be surrendered. Tennessee law does not allow a resident of this state to hold more than one valid driver license.
New residents must provide:
- Two proofs of their current valid Tennessee residence address.
- Proof of citizenship or legal presence.
- Social Security Number.
To register your vehicle you must:
- File an application for Certificate of Title and Registration with your resident county clerk.
- Get your vehicle tested for emissions if necessary and obtain an emissions certificate.
- Pay required fees.
- Provide your most current out-of-state registration.
- Provide the name and address of the lienholder, or furnish your out-of-state title.
- Provide proof of identity and residency.
Some discounts, coverages, payment plans, and features are not available in all states, in all GEICO companies, or in all situations. Homeowners, renters, and condo coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, DC 20076, a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary.
*Uninsured motorist coverages can be rejected in writing.