Cyber Liability Insurance
Need a cyber liability insurance quote?
Existing Cyber Liability policyholder?Access your policy
What is cyber liability insurance?
Cyber Liability is a type of insurance policy that protects businesses from risks associated with the use of computers and technology. Cyber liability risks for businesses can include:
- Phishing attacks
- Data breaches
- A stolen laptop containing confidential information
GEICO is here to help small business owners and contractors get the cyber liability coverage they need.
What does cyber liability insurance cover?
Cyber Liability coverage protects your small business from claims that arise from day-to-day business operations such as:
- Lost revenue and costs incurred from a breach or extortion threat
- Lost revenue due to a phishing attack
- Costs incurred to defend yourself against privacy lawsuits and regulatory fines
- Breach response resources if a cyber incident occurs
How much will I pay for cyber liability insurance?
The cost of cyber liability insurance varies based on the needs of your business. GEICO can help you get an insurance policy with the right coverage at a great price. Start your cyber liability insurance quote by calling our partner Hiscox at (800) 448-8244
Do I need cyber liability insurance?
Your business may need cyber liability insurance coverage if you:
- Accept credit cards or other forms of digital payment
- Use computers and mobile devices to run day-to-day operations
- Store medical and/or financial information
- Keep personal information about customers
Do you need other business coverage? GEICO can help.
This 2-in-1 policy includes general liability plus protection for your property. It can cover:
- Your business location, merchandise, store contents, and equipment
- Business interruption expenses and loss of income
- Cases where someone is hurt on your premises
Example: A fire damages your office. A BOP could cover repairs to your office and help pay your employees' wages while business is interrupted.
We often recommend professional liability coverage to go with general liability or a BOP.
- This covers certain professional and personal services, in case you're sued for negligence or for the advice you give clients
- It's also known as Errors and Omissions Insurance
Example: A client sues a hair stylist for allegedly giving them the wrong cut and color. Professional liability insurance could cover legal defense costs.
A personal auto policy is not enough to cover vehicles used for business. Commercial auto insurance can:
- Cover business uses that personal auto policies don't include
- Offer more liability coverage to protect you
- Include cars, pickup trucks, box trucks, and more
Example: On a job site, a carpenter accidentally backs into the homeowner's car. Commercial auto insurance could cover the damage.
This insurance covers your business operations, for things like:
- Physical injury
- Property damage
- Personal and advertising injury to a third party
This coverage can be a standalone product or included in a business owner's policy (BOP).
Need to speak with a sales agent about cyber liability insurance?
You can reach us at (800) 448-8244.
Mon – Fri7:00 AM – 10:00 PM (ET)
For insurance quotes:
Business Insurance coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, LLC. We can help you secure business insurance in all states except Hawaii.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.