Protect your jewelry for all its worth.
Start your jewelry insurance quote:
Update And Manage Your Jewelry Insurance Policy
If your policy is with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group:
Mon – Thu 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (ET)
Fri 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM (ET)
Need a jewelry insurance quote?
Jewelry protection offers the best protection for your cherished valuables.
Jewelry is personal. It recalls emotions, moments, and milestones in your life, which is why it can be devastating if the jewelry that represents special moments in your life is damaged, lost, or stolen. A jewelry insurance policy is the best way to make sure your favorite items are protected.
To help you protect your precious pieces, the GEICO Insurance Agency has teamed up with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group. Your jewelry deserves the best protection from the company that's been protecting jewelry, and only jewelry, for over 100 years. Get your free jewelry insurance quote today.
Why buy jewelry insurance?
A specialized jewelry insurance policy provides comprehensive coverage. This includes coverage against scenarios—like mysterious disappearance (or unexplained loss)—that may not be covered by standard homeowners or renters insurance or by warranties.
How much does jewelry insurance cost?
Rates depend on where you live. But for most people, jewelry insurance will cost 1-2% of the value of your jewelry. For example, a $5,000 engagement ring could cost as little as $50 per year to insure.
Is jewelry insurance worth it?
That's a personal choice. Ask yourself these questions to help you decide if jewelry insurance is right for you.
- If your jewelry was lost, damaged, or stolen, would you want it repaired or replaced?
- If the answer is yes, how much would you be able or willing to pay out of pocket?
- Can you imagine living without your jewelry pieces?
- Jewelry often has value that doesn't come with a price tag. Would your heart sink if you lost your wedding band or discovered your heirloom earrings disappeared?
Get your free jewelry insurance quote today and see how affordable jewelry insurance can be.
Do you need an appraisal to buy jewelry insurance?
While there are some exceptions, you usually do not need a formal appraisal or appraisal documentation in order to purchase a jewelry insurance policy. However, you will need an appraisal or other documentation in order to file a jewelry insurance claim.
Your jewelry isn't ordinary, so you don't settle for ordinary insurance.
All types of jewelry are covered, from engagement rings and wedding bands to watches, earrings, and even loose stones while they are being set. You can complete the jewelry insurance application process in about 10 minutes and, in most cases, be insured as soon as it's received.
What's not covered with a jewelry policy?
In general things that are not covered are:
- Wear and tear: Even with the best care, damage can happen over the years. Scratches and tarnishes are expected and won't be covered.
- War and authority: Uncommon, but loss or damage due to war, military action, nuclear hazard, or confiscation by civil authority isn't covered.
- Intentional actions: You couldn't file a claim for purposely damaging or losing your jewelry. If you sell your earrings and the check bounces, that's also not included.
- Pests: If rodents or insects nibble on your heirloom jewelry, that's not covered.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverage. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
If you choose to get an insurance quote online, you will be taken to the Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group Personal Jewelry Insurance website, which is owned by Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group, not GEICO. Any information that you provide directly to Jewelers Mutual on its website is subject to the privacy posted on their website, which you should read before proceeding. GEICO assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices or your use of their website.
Jewelry insurance is provided and written by a member insurer of the Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group, Neenah, Wisconsin and is secured through GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc.
Coverage and pricing are subject to underwriting review and approval, and to policy terms and conditions.