Jewelry insurance protects your jewelry for all its worth.
Start your jewelry insurance quote:
Update And Manage Your Jewelry Insurance Policy
If your policy is with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group:
Manage your policy online or call Jewelers Mutual at (844) 517-0556.
Mon – Thu 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM (ET)
Fri 8:00 AM – 7:00 PM (ET)
For all other policies:
Call (888) 903-9174 or log in to your current homeowners, renters, or condo policy to review your policy and contact a customer service agent to discuss your jewelry insurance options.
Need a jewelry insurance quote?
Jewelry protection offers the best protection for your cherished valuables.
Jewelry is personal. It recalls emotions, moments, and milestones in your life, which is why it can be devastating if the jewelry that represents special moments in your life is damaged, lost, or stolen. A jewelry insurance policy is the best way to make sure your favorite items are protected.
To help you protect your precious pieces, the GEICO Insurance Agency has teamed up with Jewelers Mutual® Group. Jewelers Mutual® Group is the leader in the jewelry insurance industry and has been dedicated to protecting jewelry since 1913. Get your free jewelry insurance quote today.
Why buy jewelry insurance?
A specialized jewelry insurance policy provides comprehensive coverage. This includes coverage against scenarios—like mysterious disappearance (or unexplained loss)—that may not be covered by standard homeowners or renters insurance or by warranties.
How much does jewelry insurance cost?
Jewelry insurance rates depend on where you live. But for most people, jewelry insurance will cost 1-2% of the value of your jewelry. For example, a $5,000 engagement ring could cost as little as $50 per year for engagement ring insurance.
What types of jewelry are covered?
There are many types of jewelry that can be covered by jewelry insurance. We can help cover:
- Engagement and wedding rings
- Heirloom Jewelry
- Loose stones while being set
What isn't covered with a jewelry policy?
There are also things that can't be covered by a jewelry insurance policy. In general, things that are not covered are:
- Wear and tear: Even with the best care, damage can happen over the years. Scratches and tarnishes are expected and won't be covered.
- War and authority: Uncommon, but loss or damage due to war, military action, nuclear hazard, or confiscation by civil authority isn't covered.
- Intentional actions: You couldn't file a claim for purposely damaging or losing your jewelry. If you sell your earrings and the check bounces, that's also not included.
- Pests: If rodents or insects nibble on your heirloom jewelry, that's not covered.
- Collections such as art, guns, and coins
- Non-jewelry items such as dog jewelry tiaras and air pods.
A jewelry policy does not cover pre-existing damage to your jewelry.
Is jewelry insurance worth it?
That's a personal choice. Ask yourself these questions to help you decide if jewelry insurance is right for you.
- If your jewelry was lost, damaged, or stolen, would you want it repaired or replaced?
- If the answer is yes, how much would you be able or willing to pay out of pocket?
- Can you imagine living without your jewelry pieces?
- Jewelry often has value that doesn't come with a price tag. Would your heart sink if you lost your wedding band or discovered your heirloom earrings disappeared?
Get your free jewelry insurance quote today and see how affordable jewelry insurance can be.
Do you need an appraisal to buy jewelry insurance?
While there are some exceptions, you usually do not need a formal appraisal or appraisal documentation in order to purchase a jewelry insurance policy. However, you will need an appraisal or other documentation in order to file a jewelry insurance claim.
Your jewelry isn't ordinary, so you don't settle for ordinary insurance.
With jewelry insurance, all types of jewelry are covered, from engagement rings and wedding bands to watches, earrings, and even loose stones while they are being set. You can complete the jewelry insurance application process in about 10 minutes and, in most cases, be insured as soon as it's received.
What's covered with a jewelry policy?
- Loss. You left your ring somewhere...on a beach towel or in a public bathroom. It's out there somewhere and you can't find it. Don't panic, it's covered.
- Theft. We all know that feeling of dread when something we cherish is stolen. Rest assured that stolen pieces are covered, too.
- Damage. You hit your diamond ring on the edge of a table and it cracks. Accidents happen; it's covered.
- Disappearance. Sometimes jewelry just disappears—it could be lost, stolen, or fell off while you were jogging. Don't worry, that's covered.
Additional benefits of jewelry insurance
- Choose your own deductible
- Worldwide travel protection
- Work with your choice of jeweler
- No need for multiple estimates
- Fast, compassionate claims, with no adverse effect on homeowners or renters
Online Policy Management
Take care of your jewelry insurance online. Just log in to your account to make a payment, add jewelry to your policy, sign up for autopay, report a claim, and more.
Still have questions? Visit our About Jewelry Insurance page for more information. And for advice on how to keep your bling sparkling and in tip-top condition, check out our care tips.
Need to speak to a representative?
You can reach the sales team at (888) 903-9174.
Mon – Fri7:00 AM – 1:00 AM (ET)
Sat – Sun8:00 AM – 10:30 PM (ET)
You can reach Jewelers Mutual at (844) 517-0556.
Mon – Thu7:00 AM – 7:00 PM (ET)
Fri7:00 AM – 6:00 PM (ET)
Jewelry Insurance: Get the answers you're looking for.
Does homeowners or renters insurance cover jewelry?Homeowners insurance and renters insurance policies typically cover some jewelry claims. That doesn't mean they'll cover all of your jewelry though. Often these policies may not cover the full costs of replacing your jewelry and include a deductible. It's a good idea to read over your policy to make sure you have the coverage you need.
How often should jewelry be appraised for insurance?Jewelers Mutual recommends that you get your jewelry appraised every 2 years. This is because the value of your jewelry may change, however your coverage stayed the same. If you find the value has changed, you'll want to update your policy.
How do I file a jewelry insurance claim?It's easy to file a claim online after you log in to your policy.
Is proof of loss required?This will depend on your situation and the type of claim you have. Some situations, such as theft, may require a police report. For claims involving damage you could be asked to submit a list of damages. Jewelers Mutual will help you with every step and let you know what is needed.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverage. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
If you choose to get an insurance quote online, you will be taken to the Jewelers Mutual Group Personal Jewelry Insurance website, which is owned by Jewelers Mutual Group, not GEICO. Any information that you provide directly to Jewelers Mutual on its website is subject to the privacy posted on their website, which you should read before proceeding. GEICO assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices or your use of their website.
Jewelry insurance is offered by a member of the Jewelers Mutual Group, either Jewelers Mutual Group, SI (a stock insurer) or JM Specialty Insurance Company, and is secured through GEICO Insurance Agency, LLC. Policyholders of both insurers are members of Jewelers Mutual Holding Company.
Coverage and pricing are subject to underwriting review and approval, and to policy terms and conditions.