Landlord Insurance

Protect your investment with landlord insurance.

I rent out a house.

I want to get a quote. My ZIP Code is


I rent out a condo.

I want to get a quote. My ZIP Code is

Log in to your GEICO Account

If you have a GEICO login for your Auto or Motorcycle policy, you can also access your Landlord policy.



Don't have a GEICO Account?

With just a few clicks you can look up the GEICO Insurance Agency partner your landlord insurance policy is with to find policy service options and contact information.

Need a landlord insurance quote?

Existing policyholder?

Call for a landlord insurance quote and rent with confidence.

Landlord insurance offers property owners protection from financial losses related to damages or injuries. Whether you own multiple rental properties or need to sublet your home for a year while you travel for business, a landlord insurance policy will allow you to rent your property with confidence. The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you get the coverage you need and the peace of mind you desire. Give us a call at (800) 841-2964 for a free quote.

To determine the right policy for you, consider how much of the home you are responsible for.

If you're responsible for the entire structure, including the exterior and roof, a landlord home policy will meet your needs. If you're only responsible for the interior structure of the home, landlord condo insurance will provide the right amount of coverage to protect your investment.

Fire is a concern, but not the only threat to your investment.

Most landlord insurance policies include:

  • Coverage for additional perils
  • Personal liability protection
  • Coverage for loss of rent in the event of a covered claim
  • Coverage for furnishings you provide the tenants

Your tenants need coverage too.

Don't let your tenants go unprotected. It is wise to recommend your tenants carry their own renters insurance. This will protect their:

  • Personal property
  • Personal liability

It may come in handy in the event they cause damage to the structure or if they're found liable for someone else's injury on the property.

What does landlord insurance cover?

Your policy is the best place to review your coverages, but landlord insurance aims to protect:

Your Property

Rental properties come in different shapes and sizes and so do landlord insurance policies. Whether you rent a single family home, condo, or townhouse, a landlord insurance policy will provide coverage for damage to the residence as well as any permanent structures on your rental property, such as a garage, that require repairs.

Your Investment

Landlord insurance policies may also provide coverage for loss of rent in the event of a covered claim. If your tenant is forced to temporarily move out of the home for repairs to be made, landlord insurance may cover that lost income.

Your Liability

Landlord insurance covers more than just your rental property. It can also protect you personally. Every policy includes personal liability protection, which provides coverage in the event someone is injured on the property.

What is not covered by landlord insurance?

Landlord insurance policies don't usually provide coverage for a renter's personal property. Tenants should obtain renters insurance to cover their personal belongings. Landlord insurance does not cover normal maintenance or wear and tear on the property and it excludes flood, earthquake, and water-sewer back-up.

Need to speak to a sales agent?

You can reach a sales agent at (800) 841-2964.

  • Florida
  • Mon - Fri
    8:00 am - 9:00 pm (ET)
  • Hawaii
  • Mon - Fri
    7:30 am - 5:00 pm (HST)
  • All Other
  • Mon - Fri
    7:00 am - 1:00 am (ET)
  • Sat - Sun
    8:00 am - 10:30 pm (ET)

Please note:

The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.

Landlord coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. The information you provide will be shared with our business partners so that they can return a quote.