What To Do After Fire Damage
If fire damages your vehicle, you should report the damage to GEICO as soon as possible.
You can report the claim online or call (800) 841-3000. Our claims representatives are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you. Even if you do not have comprehensive physical damage coverage, you should still notify us of any vehicle fires immediately.
To get the process started, have the following information available when you contact us:
- Contact information for any emergency agency that responded to the fire—if you are able to obtain a copy of the fire report, please have it available as well
- Information on injuries caused by the fire, or other damaged vehicles or property
- Information on recent repairs performed on the damaged vehicle
- A description of the damaged vehicle, including mileage, options, and upgrades
- A list of personal property damaged in the fire. Coverage for personal items varies from state to state, and your homeowners or renters insurance policy may provide additional coverage for personal items destroyed in the fire.
- Please include any finance or leasing company contact information and your account number, if applicable
During the process of filing your claim, your claims examiner may require additional information regarding the damaged vehicle, such as:
- Certificate of Title for the vehicle
- Service records and receipts
- Receipts for any upgrades or custom items installed in the damaged vehicle*
If the damaged vehicle is financed or leased, make sure to report the fire to your finance or leasing company. To expedite your claim's process, inform your finance or leasing company to discuss the case directly with GEICO.
Once the process is started, you should receive a Vehicle Fire Questionnaire. Please complete this form and return it to your examiner as soon as possible.
GEICO may also be able to provide you with a rental vehicle. Contact your claims examiner for more detailed information.
* Coverage for upgrades and custom items may be limited—your claims examiner can provide you with more information.