About Boat Insurance
A boat insurance policy may cover you and your boat or personal watercraft against liability and damage in the event of a boating accident, including if you injure someone or damage someone else's property with your boat. Boat insurance can also cover your motorboat, sailboat, or other types of watercraft in the event it is stolen. The parts of a watercraft that are typically covered by a boat insurance policy include the hull, machinery, furnishings, or any equipment that is permanently attached to your boat or personal watercraft (PWC).
At GEICO, we know your boat and PWC are investments not only of time and money, but fun as well. GEICO Marine Insurance Company can help you protect your investment. Accidents happen, but with boat insurance, you can rest assured you're covered on and off the water. We share your passion for watersports and have teamed up with BoatUS. Put our experience to work for you and get a free online boat insurance quote or call us at (855) 395-1412.
Is my boat covered under my auto insurance or homeowners insurance policy?
If you don't have a separate boat insurance policy, you're probably underinsured. Auto and homeowners insurance policies aren't made to cover boats and PWCs. Most homeowners policies have size restrictions, as well as limitations on horsepower and damage coverage. Coverage limits vary by state, underwriting company, and contract. Don't wait until it's too late to find out your coverage is lacking.
What does boat insurance cover?
Boat insurance coverage varies based on your boat or watercraft. Typical boat insurance policy includes the following coverage:
For you and your boat:
- Damage to your boat's: hull, sails, equipment, furnishings, motor, and trailer
- New boat replacement for new boats
- Agreed hull value or actual cash value
- Fuel spill liability
- Medical payments
- Salvage coverage and wreck removal
- Uninsured boater protection
- Damage to another boat
- Damage to other property caused by your boat
- Bodily injury/death of another person
Optional insurance coverages:
- Multiple towing options, on and off the water
- Disappearing deductibles
- Coverage for your personal property
- Coverage for your fishing equipment
- Ice/freeze coverage
How much does boat insurance cost?
There are a variety of factors that can influence how much boat insurance costs, including, but not limited to:
- The size of your boat or personal watercraft
- The type or model of boat or watercraft that you want to insure
- The amount and type of coverage that you choose for your boat insurance policy
- How you will use your boat or watercraft and how often
- How your boat will be stored
Boat Insurance Discounts
Not all coverage is created equal. A low rate or cheap boat insurance doesn't mean reduced coverage or losing the promise of service when you insure with GEICO. We're committed to providing a policy that's right for you.
- Multi-Policy Discount for current GEICO Auto policyholders
- Passed a boat safety course
- No loss credits
Why choose GEICO Boat Insurance?
- Customizable coverage to meet your needs
- Licensed agents as passionate about boating as you are
- Expert service including 24/7 claims handling and towing
- Discounts available when you insure both your boat and car
Get your free boat insurance quote today:
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.