Start a boat insurance quote and get out on the water.
Manage Your Boat Insurance Policy
GEICO Marine (formerly Seaworthy) Policyholders
- Log in to GEICO Marine to manage your policy or call (877) 581-BOAT (2628)
- Mon - Fri 8:00 am - 10:00 pm, Sat - Sun 8:00 am - 9:15 pm
- Log in to SkiSafe to your policy or call (800) 225-6560
- Mon - Thu 9:00 am - 7:00 pm, Fri 9:00 am - 6:00 pm, Sat 9:30 am - 5:30 pm
Or call us at (800) 841-3005
Need a boat insurance quote?
Existing boat policyholder?
Get a boat insurance policy to protect your investment.
Boat insurance helps you protect your boat or personal watercraft (PWC) investment. So if you travel across lakes, rivers, or ocean waters of the United States we can help keep your peace of mind afloat. Whether you're looking for a new boat insurance policy or just to save money on an existing policy, we can help you get started with a free boat insurance quote.
Make boating better, together. Experience and a name you can trust go a long way when you're shopping for boat insurance. That's why the GEICO Marine Insurance Company has teamed with BoatUS, the nation's largest group of recreational boat owners. Since 1966, BoatUS has been helping to make boating safer, more affordable, and fun. Together, we share a passion for all things boating.
We all want cheap boat insurance rates, but customer service is what matters. Protect your investment with boat insurance you can count on and get your free online boat insurance quote today.
Why do you need boat insurance?
A boat insurance policy helps protect you and your boat. If you don't have a separate boat or personal watercraft insurance policy, you're probably underinsured. Most homeowners policies have:
- Size restrictions
- Limitations on horsepower
- Limits on damage coverage
Check out our "boating insurance explained" video and article here for more reasons why boat insurance is a smart idea.
Boat policies can provide coverage for:
- Damage to your boat including hull, sails, equipment, and more.
- New boat replacement
- Fuel spill liability
- Liability to pay for damages and injuries you cause if you hit another boat, person, dock
- Medical coverage for you and persons in your boat.
- Wreckage removal
What types of watercraft are covered by boat insurance?
All boats aren't the same. You need to customize your boat insurance to meet your needs and provide your watercraft with the proper coverage. Here is a list of the most common types of watercrafts.
- Pontoon boats are one of the most popular inland water boats. They are a flattish boat that relies on floats to remain buoyant. Their wide and spacious area is great for many passengers to enjoy the ride.
- Personal watercraft (PWC) are powered by a water jet pump and the rider generally sits, stands, or kneels on it. There are many types of PWCs which include WaveRunners, Sea-Doos and more.
- Fishing and bass boats are designed and equipped for fishing. Most are powered by an outboard motor and are equipped with power poles, trolling motors, etc.
- Powerboats are the most popular type of boat used for cruising, watersports, and so much more.
- Sailboats are propelled partly or entirely by sails.
If you don't see your watercraft listed and are looking for more information on different types of boats and insurance for boats, check out our boat FAQ page.
What does boat insurance cover?
A policy insures your boat against damage and loss caused by common risks, such as collision, fire, storms, and theft. Boat insurance may also help protect you if you accidently injure someone or damage their property with your boat.
How much does boat insurance cost?
The cost of boat insurance is based on the type of boat, length, number of engines and horsepower, how you use it (recreation, commercial charter, racing, etc.), and how and where it will be stored. All of these factors, including the experience and claims record of the owner will factor into the cost of boat insurance.
You could save even more with these boat insurance discounts.
We know discounts and our watercraft insurance agents can help you get them.
Need to speak with a boat insurance sales representative?
You can reach us at (855) 395-1412
Mon - Fri8:00 AM - 10:00 PM (ET)
Sat - Sun8:00 AM - 9:15 PM (ET)
Boat Insurance: Get the answers you're looking for.
Is boat insurance required?Boat insurance liability coverage is only mandated in a few states, so always check insurance requirements for the state you're boating in. Physical damage coverage is required by your lender if you're financing your boat or watercraft. If you keep your boat at a marina, the marina may require you have liability coverage.
What type of coverage does boat insurance provide?Boat insurance can provide coverage to protect you and your boat against liability and damage in the event of an accident. The policy provides basic coverages and there are optional coverages you may want to add.
What type of coverage is not included with boat insurance?
There are some types of watercraft that can't be added to a new or existing GEICO boat policy:
- Any craft that has been modified to enhance speed and performance
- Airboats, amphibious land boats or hovercraft
- Boat with more than 4 owners
- Boats over 70 feet in length
- Boats over 40 years old
- Boats valued over $2,500,000
- Floating homes
- Homemade boats
- Houseboats that do not have motors
- Steel hulls
- Watercraft previously deemed a constructive total loss
Does boat insurance cover theft?Comprehensive coverage protects against damage to your watercraft from incidents out of your control, including theft.
How do I make a payment or manage my boat insurance policy?
How do I report a claim on my boat insurance policy?
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
*Boat and PWC coverages are underwritten by GEICO Marine Insurance Company. The TowBoatU.S. Towing Coverage Endorsement is offered by GEICO Marine Insurance Company, with towing services provided by the BoatU.S. Towing Program. Towing coverage only applies to the insured watercraft. This endorsement is not available in all locations and is subject to certain restrictions. Towing coverage is subject to availability and service may be restricted based on the location of the insured watercraft. Please speak to an agent to discuss details of towing services, limits, exclusions and coverage availability.
BoatUS—Boat Owner's Association of The United States—is the nation's largest association for recreational boaters providing service, savings and representation for over 50 years.
GEICO has teamed up with its subsidiary, BoatUS, to bring boaters a policy developed by experts, with the great service you expect from GEICO. Policies are underwritten by GEICO Marine Insurance Company.