About Identity Protection
Avoid An Identity Crisis
Identity Protection helps you monitor and manage your credit and protect your identity. Identity Protection offers a complete solution including Prevention, Detection & Resolution—all for less than the cost of credit monitoring alone.
Why do you need identity protection?
Your identity is the key to your assets, finances and life. After all, it's not your charming personality or good looks that the bad guys are after. Your personal information is vulnerable to being stolen no matter how careful you are. There are countless ways thieves can steal your information, so it's crucial to protect yourself from ID theft.
Identity theft may cost more than you realize.
In today's information-driven society, your personal information is collected, used and shared in ways that you may not even be aware of. Get peace of mind and and a dedicated advocate who will work on your behalf should you experience identity theft.
Did you know?
Identity theft crimes are on the rise.*
- There is a new ID theft victim every 2 seconds
- The number of ID theft victims increased by 500,000 consumers to 13.1 million people in 2013 — the second highest number since the study began
- $18 billion has been stolen due to ID Theft
- In 2013, 1 in 3 people who received data breach notification letters became a victim of ID theft - up from 1 in 4 in 2012 and 1 in 5 in 2011
- Consumers with breached debit cards are most likely to become a fraud victims
- 16% of consumers with breached Social Security Numbers became a victim of ID theft
- DETER: Minimize your risk
- DETECT: Identify suspicious activity
- DEFEND: Recover from identity theft
- ID Theft FAQs
- More identity theft resources
* Source: Javelin Strategy & Research 2014 Identity Fraud Survey Report
The GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection Program, as provided by EA-USA, is not an insurance policy and does not provide any insurance benefits to Covered Members. When you click on the "Identity Protection Member Site", "Enroll Online", "Learn more", or "how it compares" links, you will be taken to a site owned by EA-USA, not GEICO.
The above descriptions are meant as general information, do not refer to any specific terms and conditions and do not modify any terms and conditions of the GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection Program. We encourage you to speak to a representative and to read your plan to fully understand your benefits. The GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection Program is provided by Europ Assistance USA ("EA-USA").