Understanding Identity Theft Protection
Avoid An Identity Crisis
We make defending your personal identity easy. Our enhanced identity protection helps guard against identity theft and provides the 24/7 assistance you need if you ever become a victim.
Why do you need identity protection?
The number of identity theft and fraud victims continues to climb each year, and it's likely the trend will continue. With the increased adoption of technology and rise in "smart" devices, our lives are more connected than ever. However, this added convenience also brings risk.
Having identity theft protection reduces your risk of becoming a victim of identity theft. If you ever become a victim of identity theft, having a resolution specialist to help restore your identity and prevent further damage, not only saves you time, but gives you peace of mind.
Identity theft may cost more than you realize.
In today's information-driven society, your personal information is collected, used, and shared in ways that you may not even be aware of. As a result, there is a chance you could become a victim of identity theft. If identity theft happens, it can affect your life in more ways than you realize. There are not only the financial consequences to think about, but it can have a significant emotional toll on your life as well.
Did you know?
Identity theft crimes are on the rise and impact consumers financially and emotionally.*
- Of the FTC's 1.3 million fraud-related consumer complaints, the median amount consumers paid was $4,503.
- New-account fraud incidences increased 88% in 2019 from 2018.
- Of identity theft victims, 55% say they've had to miss time from work, and 44% say they lost out on an employment opportunity
- 77% of identity crime victims had increased stress levels and 86% feel worried, angry and frustrated.
- Consumers with breached debit cards are most likely to become a fraud victim
- 16% of consumers with breached Social Security Numbers became a victim of ID theft
Learn more about GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection, serviced by Iris Powered by Generali, and how it compares to other programs.
Three reasons why you should get GEICO Portfolio Identity Theft Protection
- You already know and trust us to protect the things in your life that you consider most valuable, your identity should be no exception.
- With coverage options starting at $79 a year (or $7.99 per month), the GEICO Portfolio Identity Theft Protection Program is the most affordable option on the market
- Easy-to-use online dashboard that you can quickly access from our mobile app
Learn how to help protect your identity now with GEICO Portfolio Identity Theft Protection.
The above descriptions are meant as general information, do not refer to any specific terms and conditions and do not modify any terms and conditions of the GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection Program. We encourage you to speak to a representative and to read your plan to fully understand your benefits.
- 2016 Identity Fraud Study, Javelin Strategy & Research
- 2017 Identity Fraud: Securing the Connected Life February 1, 2017 By: Al Pascual, Kyle Marchini, Sarah Miller
- FTC 2019 Consumer Sentinel Network Data Book
- Identity Theft Resource Center (ITRC) 2018 Aftermath Study
Identity Protection is provided by Iris Powered by Generali, and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, D.C. 20076; a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary. © 2022 GEICO
We're here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The quickest way to contact us is through our app or online. You can also chat for immediate help.
Check Out a New Quote
You are about to leave geico.com