Understanding Identity Theft Protection
Avoid An Identity Crisis
Generali's GEICO Portfolio Identity Theft Protection product offers a complete solution using a four pillar approach including: Prevention, Monitoring, Alerts, and Resolution.
Why do you need identity protection?
Your identity is the key to your assets, finances and life. After all, it's not your charming personality or good looks that the bad guys are after. Your personal information is vulnerable to being stolen no matter how careful you are. There are countless ways thieves can steal your information, so it's crucial to protect yourself from ID theft.
Identity theft may cost more than you realize.
In today's information-driven society, your personal information is collected, used and shared in ways that you may not even be aware of. Get peace of mind and a dedicated advocate who will work on your behalf should you experience identity theft.
Did you know?
Identity theft crimes are on the rise.*
- There is a new ID theft victim every 2 seconds
- More consumers became victim to identity fraud than ever before in 2016, with 15.4 million U.S. identity fraud victims and $16 billion stolen
- Of the FTC's 1.3 million fraud-related consumer complaints, the median amount consumers paid was $4,503.
- Of identity theft victims, 55% say they've had to miss time from work, and 44% say they lost out on an employment opportunity
- Consumers with breached debit cards are most likely to become a fraud victims
- 16% of consumers with breached Social Security Numbers became a victim of ID theft
Learn more about GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection, serviced by Generali Global Assistance, Inc., and how it compares to other programs.
The above descriptions are meant as general information, do not refer to any specific terms and conditions and do not modify any terms and conditions of the GEICO Portfolio Identity Protection Program. We encourage you to speak to a representative and to read your plan to fully understand your benefits.
- 2016 Identity Fraud Study, Javelin Strategy & Research
- 2017 Identity Fraud: Securing the Connected Life February 1, 2017 By: Al Pascual, Kyle Marchini, Sarah Miller
Identity Protection is provided by Generali Global Assistance, Inc. and Generali Insurance Company US Branch, and is secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc. GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, D.C. 20076; a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary. © 2018 GEICO