Jewelry Insurance: Coverage options for Ring, Watches, & More
Why Jewelry Insurance?
It's devastating to have jewelry that represents special moments in your life get damaged, lost, or stolen. That's why the GEICO Insurance Agency has teamed up with Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group to offer jewelry insurance.
A specialized jewelry insurance policy provides comprehensive coverage. Coverage against scenarios—like mysterious disappearance (or unexplained loss)—that may not be covered by standard homeowners or renters insurance or by warranties.
And, you won't be able to tell your old piece from the new in the event of a loss, damage, theft, or disappearance. The jewelry experts at Jewelers Mutual will repair or replace to a level of indistinguishable kind and quality.
How much does jewelry insurance cost?
Rates depend on where you live, but for most people, jewelry insurance will cost 1-2% of the value of your jewelry. For example, a $5,000 engagement ring could cost as little as $50 per year to insure.
When would my coverage begin?
You can complete the online application in about 10 minutes and, in most cases, be insured as soon as it's received.
Still not sure if you need jewelry insurance?
Ask yourself these questions:
If my jewelry disappeared today, would I be...
- Devastated about the sentimental loss?
- Afraid to wear my other uninsured jewelry?
- Unable to cover the cost to replace it?
- Subject to coverage limits with my current insurance?
- Forced to work with a jewelry replacement company and not my preferred jeweler?
- Worried about having to settle for a replacement of lesser quality than the original?
- At risk of having my insurance rates go up?
If you answered "yes" to one or more of these questions, you're an excellent fit.
Get your free quote now, and find out how affordable jewelry insurance can be.
Tips for protecting your jewelry:
- Make sure it is insured for the right amount
- Have the item appraised
- Keep a copy of the store receipt
- Take a picture of the item
- Keep your jewelry in a secure place such as a safe-deposit box
- When traveling only bring the jewels you are going to wear
- Never leave jewelry in your luggage while being transported by an airline, cruise line, or other public transportation
- Have your jewelry inspected regularly
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverage. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
If you choose to get an insurance quote online, you will be taken to the Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group Personal Jewelry Insurance website, which is owned by Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group, not GEICO. Any information that you provide directly to Jewelers Mutual on its website is subject to the privacy posted on their website, which you should read before proceeding. GEICO assumes no responsibility for the privacy practices or your use of their website.
Jewelry Insurance is provided and written by a member insurer of the Jewelers Mutual Insurance Group, Neenah, Wisconsin and is secured through GEICO Insurance Agency, Inc.
Coverage and pricing are subject to underwriting review and approval, and to policy terms and conditions.