How To Buy Mobile Home Insurance
Is it time to renew your homeowners insurance policy? We know you're busy, so we've made obtaining a free mobile home insurance quote easy. Just use our quick checklist to get started. Then you can get a quote online or give us a call at (800) 841-2964.
- Determine the type of coverage you need: mobile home insurance, standard homeowners insurance or other specialty insurance.
- Decide what type of perils to have covered. Sure, fire protection may be a no-brainer, but what about flood or earthquake coverage? Depending on where you live, certain coverages may be offered as optional endorsements or they may be required by the bank if you have a mortgage. Give us a call at (800) 841-3005 to speak with an insurance professional if you think you might need special coverage on your existing policy.
- Think about any unique or valuable items you might have—whether you're knee deep in action figures or you have a small fortune in fur coats in your hall closet, the GEICO Insurance Agency can help you purchase coverage for your personal property including special policies or riders for valuables like collections or jewelry.
- Be sure to factor in upgrades, renovations or other major work that could impact the value of the home when getting a mobile home insurance quote.
- While you're all fired up about all things insurance (OK, maybe that's a bit of a stretch), it's a good idea to take photographs and record serial numbers of valuables, appliances and other items that you will be insuring. Keep this information in a safe place—either in some sort of sturdy, fireproof container or even at some other location. It might take a little time, but the information can be invaluable in the event of a claim.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.