Getting repairs for a chipped or cracked windshield is a breeze when you’re covered when you have comprehensive coverage from GEICO auto insurance. Don’t just take our word for it – windshield repair is a breeze, according to GEICO policyholders.
“Our customers are delighted that we offer windshield repair service to them at no charge,” says John Little, an assistant vice president at GEICO. “With comprehensive coverage on your policy, we waive the deductible for damage that can be repaired.”
If you have a small chip, nick or crack in your windshield, we can send a professional repair technician to your home or office. Just give us a call and we’ll make all the necessary arrangements.
“Repairing the windshield protects its structural integrity,” says Little. “It is important to have the damage repaired as quickly as possible to prevent the chip or crack from spreading.” Chips must be smaller than a quarter, and cracks must be smaller than a dollar bill to be repairable.
Why use GEICO’s windshield repair?
- It’s convenient. You don’t have to take time off work or rent a car while the repair is being completed. A technician will come to your home or place of work and do the repair on the spot.
- It’s quick. The repair is done while you wait. In most cases, that means approximately 30 minutes.
- It’s inexpensive. The deductible for windshield repair is waived if you carry comprehensive coverage.
- You can avoid other problems. Replacing a windshield, instead of repairing it, involves breaking the original factory seal. That can make the area around the windshield more prone to leaks, which can lead to additional problems.
- You can help protect the environment. Because a layer of laminate is fused to windshield glass, it’s more difficult to recycle. By repairing your existing windshield, disposal isn’t an issue.
Customer Testimonials for GEICO’s Windshield Repair Service
“I wanted to commend both GEICO and their service partner, Safelite, for completing my windshield claim in such a seamless, effortless, and timely manner. Placed claim on Sunday; job completed Tuesday. Crew arrived at noon on a window of between 1pm and 6pm. That simply never happens anymore. … Much appreciated.”
— Richard G. from California
“For quality of service, I have yet to see an insurance company that does a better job than GEICO. A pebble cracks your windshield on the way to work? No problem–they’ll send someone out that day while you’re at work to fix it in the parking lot.”
— Tanya M. from Illinois
By Shanna Parks