Before Buying Umbrella Insurance
Getting an umbrella rate quote is easy and can be done online or with one of our licensed professionals. To make the process quicker, we made a list of some of the information and questions we’ll ask, to provide you with an accurate quote.
Vehicles & Recreational Equipment
We'll need to know whether you or anyone in your household owns any of the vehicles listed below, if you have liability coverage for them, and the coverage amounts (minimum limits are required). Keep in mind we will already have this information if your vehicles are insured with GEICO.
- Private passenger vehicles
- Classic or antique cars
- Golf carts
- Other specialty vehicles
- Boats or personal watercraft
Possible follow-up questions:
- Does anyone in your household have personal use of a company vehicle?
- Has any driver in your household had a traffic conviction within the last 5 years?
- Are you and/or your spouse the sole owners of all vehicles?
We'll need to know about your other insurance policies and liability limits (minimum limits are required) on your:
- Homeowners, renters, or condo/co-op policies
- If you own any additional properties and information about the homeowner or landlord policies on those homes
We also need to know about:
- Your occupation (including whether you hold a public office)
- Other umbrella insurance
- Liability claims
- Civil or criminal charges
Now that you know what to expect, start your free umbrella insurance quote.
Additional questions and criteria may apply.