2-Step Verification (2SV) FAQs
You can use 2-Step Verification to access your policy on GEICO Mobile or on geico.com. We have provided answers to some of the frequently asked questions, along with the steps to enable the feature.
What is 2-Step Verification?
2-step verification (a.k.a 2SV) is an extra layer of security designed to protect your GEICO account. 2SV helps prevent unauthorized access to your account even if someone has access to your password. After you enroll in 2-step verification with GEICO, you will be asked to provide additional verification through either your phone number or email that will help ensure you are the only user accessing your account each time you log in.
How do I enable 2-Step Verification in the GEICO Mobile app?
- After logging into your policy, from the Dashboard select the gear icon in the top right corner
- Under Settings, select Login Settings
- Select the 2-Step Verification option
- Select Enable on the bottom right
- You will then be taken to a confirmation page confirming your enrollment in 2-Step Verification
- Next time you log in, a verification code will be sent to the phone number or email address based on your enrollment selection
How do I enable 2-Step Verification on geico.com?
- After logging into your policy, tap on the person icon in the top right corner
- Go to Login Settings
- Locate the 2-Step Verification setting and select ENROLL
- Toggle the switch to Enroll in 2-Step Verification and select SAVE CHANGES
- You will then be taken to a confirmation page where you can verify your contact information and update if needed
- Next time you log in, a verification code will be sent the phone number or email address based on your enrollment selection
When I enable 2-Step Verification in GEICO Mobile, does it also work on geico.com?
Yes, if you enable 2-step verification on geico.com, 2-step verification will be active in the GEICO Mobile app.
What phone numbers and/or email addresses will be available for me to send my verification code?
You may use an email address or phone number that is currently listed on your policy. You will be able to select your verification method each time you log in to GEICO Mobile or geico.com.
Where can I update my phone numbers or emails?
After logging into your policy, go to My GEICO, then select Review Contact Info. This will allow you to update your contact information.