Identity Theft Protection: Safeguard Your Credit and ID
Or, call us at (866) 372-0634.
Review & Learn More About Identity Protection Plans
For plans with Iris Powered by Generali:
- Visit the Iris Powered by Generali Identity Protection Member Site or call (800) 206-4065
Need identity protection?
Identity Theft Coverage: Protect Your Credit and Your Identity
Identity theft can happen to anyone. In fact, it happened to 42 million people in 20211.The result can be costly, both in financial impact and the time spent to undo the damage. Help safeguard yourself and, in the event of a breach, get reimbursed with GEICO Portfolio Identity Theft Protection from Iris Powered by Generali. With a comprehensive package, backed by up to $1 million identity fraud insurance, you could have the peace of mind knowing your identity is protected2. Learn more about protecting your identity by visiting our identity theft information page.
What does identity theft protection cover?
Day or night, our prevention, monitoring, alerts, and resolution coverage helps to ensure your identity is protected. Coverage options include:
- Online data protection software
- Credit profile tracking
- Notifications of high-risk transactions
- Lost wallet assistance
Should the unthinkable happen, certified identity theft resolution specialists are there to help 24/7. Want to speak to an agent about identity theft protection coverage? Enroll online or call (800) 206-4065 any time.
Extra Protection for Your Credit and More
GEICO Portfolio Identity Theft Protection, serviced by Iris Powered by Generali, provides you with complete protection through:
- 24/7 certified identity theft resolution specialists
- Online data protection software suite helps protect your personal data from keylogging, phishing, attacks, and ransomware
- Opt-out services to reduce pre-approved direct mail credit card and insurance policy offers and marketing phones calls
- Monitoring your identity risk-level, track your credit profile, access identity theft protection tips, respond to alerts, place a fraud alert from our easy-to-use online platform
- Identity monitoring to detect fraud by searching for compromised credentials, high risk transactions and potentially damaging use of your personal information
- Credit monitoring detects suspicious activity and ensures accuracy by monitoring credit profiles at all three major credit bureaus
- Email health check search tool to see if your email address has been compromised in a data breach
- Notification if suspicious activity related to your identity is found to allow immediate action and minimize damage
- Alert for detected changes in your credit profile, high risk transactions, compromised credentials, and black-market activity containing your personal information.
- US-based, certified identity theft resolution specialists available 24/7 to help restore your identity and prevent further damage in the event of an incident
- Personal case manager will be assigned to take care of everything for you, including identity theft affidavit assistance and submission, creditor notification, dispute and follow-up, lost wallet assistance and more
- Up to $1 Million Identity Fraud Insurance2
24/7 Credit Report Access
An identity protection plan also provides unlimited online access to your TransUnion credit report, TransUnion credit score, and includes three-bureau credit monitoring to alert you to any potential threats that are identified.
How much does identity theft protection cost?
Identity theft protection plans begin as low as $7.99 per month. You could also save money by paying for annual coverage in full! Peace of mind is affordable and easy. Don't wait for your identity to fall into the wrong hands.
Can I manage my identity protection from the app?
The GEICO Mobile app has an identity theft protection portal. You'll have access to the newly designed, easy-to-use-dashboard and manage your services all in one place.
Why should you consider identity protection coverage?
You may wonder, "Do I need identity theft protection? Is it worth it?" No matter how careful you are, your personal information is being collected, used, and shared. With bad guys itching to steal your data, these fraudsters use sophisticated techniques to take your identity be it cyber-attacks or otherwise. Consider a few ways people become a victim of identity theft:
- Compromised credentials
- Credit card fraud
- Dark web activity
- Data breaches
- Phishing attacks
- Phone marketing schemes
- Utility fraud
What do I do if my identity is stolen?
If you think your identity may have been stolen, you're in the right place. Review the 7 Signs You Might Be A Victim Of Identity Theft for tips on how to tell if someone may have stolen your identity. Current customers can start a claim online or by calling (800) 206-4065.
Need to speak to a sales agent?
Enroll online or call (866) 372-0634
Mon – Fri7:00 AM – 11:00 PM (ET)
Sat & Sun8:00 AM – 10:30 PM (ET)
Identity Theft Protection: Get the answers you're looking for.
What is identity theft?Identity theft is a crime that is committed when someone obtains your personal information and uses it to commit fraud or other crimes. This can include using personal information or financial information obtained about you to make unauthorized purchases, or withdrawals from your accounts.
How do I prevent identity theft?There are things you can do to help avoid becoming a victim of identity theft. Consider these 9 steps to keep your information safe.
How does identity theft protection work?We offer enhanced identity protection coverage to help guard against identity theft. It provides around the clock protection if you become a victim.
What do I do if I lose my wallet?Don't panic. There are 6 things to do if you misplace your wallet.
1 Federal Trade Commission, Consumer Sentinel Network Data Book, 2021
2 The Identity Expense Reimbursement and the Unauthorized Electronic Fund Transfer Reimbursement benefits are underwritten and administered by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, an Assurant company, under group or blanket policies issued to Generali Global Assistance, Inc., dba Iris® Powered by Generali for the benefit of its Members. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Review the Summary of Benefits at Iris identity protection terms and conditions.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.