ATV Insurance Coverage Information
It doesn't matter if your side by side is shiny new or you've had it for a while and can't imagine life without it, buying ATV insurance is the best way to cover your four-wheeler (and you) when you are out on the trail.
Do I need insurance for my ATV?
It depends—every state has different insurance requirements. As an ATV owner, you should get familiar with your state's liability insurance requirements for operating your ATV on public roads and highways. This will help protect your investment.
You may want to consider purchasing ATV insurance for a few reasons:
- ATVs have a high theft rate.
- If you ride an ATV off your property or trailer your ATV to another location, your homeowners insurance may not cover your ATV.
- If you use your ATV in a state-owned or public park, ATV insurance may be required.
As an off-roader, what does ATV insurance get you?
Wheeling surely gets your heart racing, but what does ATV insurance from GEICO get you? Well, it may not get your blood pumping in quite the same way as hopping on your four-wheeler, but it does help you out if something should go wrong.
Here is a rundown of the coverages included in our customized ATV policy (underwritten by GEICO Indemnity Company):
- Collision coverage – pays for covered damage to your ATV when it hits, or is hit by, another vehicle or other object. This coverage is available with a $500 or $1,000 deductible.
- Property damage liability coverage – insures you against certain damages caused to someone else's property while operating your ATV and in most cases, provides you with a legal defense for such claims if another party files a lawsuit against you.
- Bodily injury liability coverage – insures you against certain damages if you injure or kill someone while operating your ATV and in most cases, provides you with a legal defense if another party in the accident files a lawsuit against you.
- Comprehensive physical damage coverage – pays for covered losses resulting from incidents other than collision - such as theft, fire or vandalism. This coverage is available with a $500 or $1,000 deductible and is limited to damage that affects the structure or safe operation of the vehicle.
- Medical payments coverage – in most states you can select medical coverage for yourself and your passengers.
- Uninsured/Underinsured motorists coverage – insures you against certain damages in the event of an accident that occurs on a public road or highway where you are struck by someone with no insurance coverage or limits that are lower than yours. The uninsured vehicle must be a vehicle that is designed to be insured and registered for use on a public road or highway (such as a car, truck, or motorcycle).
GEICO insures all-terrain vehicles as well as most side by side makes and models. We do not insure three, six or eight wheelers or ATVs/UTVs with less than 150 cc's, however.
Get it in gear and start your ATV insurance quote today!
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
We're here for you 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The quickest way to contact us is through our app or online. You can also chat for immediate help.
Check Out a New Quote
You are about to leave geico.com
4.6/5 stars with 64 reviews
Customer reviews from December 2007 to August 2009.