Homeowners Insurance Protects Your Home & Family
Why buy homeowners insurance?
There's no place like home. And with the GEICO Insurance Agency, getting high-quality home insurance is almost as easy as clicking your heels three times. Get started with a free online homeowners quote anytime.
Why do you need homeowners insurance coverage? For one thing, you probably can't buy a house without it. (Most mortgage holders require you to have it.) But honestly—why wouldn't you want homeowners insurance? Your home is one of your largest investments. Makes sense to protect it, doesn't it?
When you're looking for homeowners insurance, apply the Goldilocks principle—you're looking for a policy that's just right. (A cozy townhouse needs different coverage than a sprawling country estate.) The GEICO Insurance Agency makes available a wide range of coverage options. Find out what's best for you with a free online home insurance quote, or call (800) 841-2964 to discuss your options with one of our licensed insurance agents.
How does homeowners insurance protect me?
Fire, theft, accidents. . . these are the kinds of threats that might cause you to lose sleep, if you didn't have the protection of homeowners insurance coverage. Fortunately, a homeowners policy will cover damage to your home and personal property due to a variety of causes (called "named perils" in insurance lingo). The personal liability portion of a homeowners policy provides coverage, for example if your litigious brother-in-law slips down your steps on a rainy day and injures himself.
Each homeowners insurance policy offers different protection, but standard policies usually provide:
- Broad coverage for damage to your house and any permanent structures on your property (unless the cause of the damage is specifically excluded in your policy).
- Damage to your personal property due to causes specified in your policy. (Yep, it's those "named perils" again!)
- Limited coverage—usually $500 - $2,000—for jewelry stolen from your home. (Most policies don't cover lost jewelry.) If you need greater coverage for your prized collection, you might need a homeowners policy endorsement.
- Coverage for personal liability exposures that arise from being a homeowner.
- Coverage for additional costs you might incur because of a covered loss (for example, if you need to temporarily live elsewhere if a fire makes your home uninhabitable).
Have more questions? Call (800) 841-2964 to speak to an agent.
What kind of homeowners insurance should I choose?
That's a lot like asking, "Which house should I buy?" It all depends on your personal circumstances.
Do you live in a single-family home?
You probably need a standard homeowners insurance policy. And, lucky you! You can start a quote right here.
Do you live in a condo or co-op?
You need a different type of policy. Visit GEICO's Condo and Co-op section to get more information and start a quote.
Do you rent a home but live somewhere else?
You'll need special coverage—either a dwelling fire policy or a commercial property policy. Call (800) 841-2964 and let us help you find the right policy for your needs.
Go With GEICO And Save
Thought GEICO only offered auto insurance? Think again! The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you make the best choice for homeowners insurance. You will enjoy:
- Top-quality coverage at an affordable rate
- Access to a team of licensed insurance agents, available to answer your questions and assist with your policy
- Prompt and professional customer service
Already have homeowners insurance? It's time you did a little comparison shopping. Get a free online homeowners quote and see how much you could save on homeowners insurance.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.