As dog parents, it's important to have good health coverage for your furry family members.
Embrace Pet Insurance and the GEICO Insurance Agency have teamed up to bring you comprehensive dog insurance. This nose-to-tail coverage is for every unexpected accident and illness. Plus, it can also help with diagnostic exam fees, treatments, and ongoing care.
What's included with every accident and illness dog policy? Glad you asked, here are some of the most common types of items covered!
Accident and illness dog policies include:
- Accidents like sprains, ACL ruptures, foreign body ingestion, poisonings, or broken bones
- Common illnesses such as: ear infections, vomiting, diarrhea
- Dental illnesses, up to $1K per policy year
- Breed-specific, hereditary, and genetic conditions, like hip dysplasia or allergies
- Serious illnesses such as: heart disease, cancer, diabetes
- Chronic conditions like allergies, diabetes, skin conditions or arthritis
- Emergency and specialist veterinary care
- Diagnostic exams and testing related to covered conditions, like fecal exams, urinalysis, and more
- Hospitalization and surgery, including anesthesia, rehab, ongoing care, and more
- Prescription medications
Items excluded from the accident and insurance dog policy:
- Pre-existing conditions
- Routine care costs
- Breeding, whelping, and pregnancy
- Injury or illness resulting from neglect, cruelty, or fighting
How much does dog insurance cost?
The GEICO Insurance Agency can help you get a customizable plan to fit your budget without sacrificing coverage. Along with the deductible, percent of reimbursement, and annual maximum reimbursement you choose, pricing is based on your location and your dog's breed, sex, and age. While the cost can vary greatly, you can usually get a comprehensive policy for your dog for $35-50/month.
Manage your pet insurance online
It's super easy to manage your pet policy online! With MyEmbrace you can update your policy, add a pet, submit claims, update contact info, update payment info, and manage your account online.
PawSupport is here for you!
Free with every policy, PawSupport offers:
- Live Pet Pros available 24/7 to offer guidance about your dog's health, from general questions to identifying urgent care needs
- Unlimited free consultations included with every policy
- Support anytime, anywhere by chat, video, or phone
Healthy dog options
Good news! Embrace offers Wellness Rewards.* This optional, non-insurance routine care plan can help you budget for preventative pet care, such as:
- Wellness exam fees
- Spay/neuter surgery
- Vaccinations, flea, tick, and heartworm preventatives
- Breeding, whelping, and pregnancy
- Preventative teeth cleaning
- Training, and more
Wellness Rewards isn't available by itself but can be added to any policy.
Choose Your Wellness Reward Reimbursement
With 3 different options for Wellness Rewards reimbursement, you can choose the perfect amount for each pet, each year, and get a $25 annual reward from Embrace.**
- $250 allowance per policy year
- $450 allowance per policy year
- $650 allowance per policy year
Let's fetch your free quote for that adorable dog of yours.
*Wellness Rewards not available in RI.
**The $250 allowance yearly savings is $25; the $450 allowance yearly savings is $24.96; the $650 allowance yearly savings is $24.92.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
When you click on the "free pet insurance quote" or "Get Your Pet Insurance Quote Today" links, you will be taken to a site owned by Embrace Pet Insurance Agency, not GEICO.
Pet health insurance is administered by Embrace Pet Insurance Agency, LLC and underwritten by one of the licensed insurers of American Modern Insurance Group, Inc. (which includes American Modern Home Insurance Company d/b/a in CA as American Modern Insurance Company (Lic. No 2222-8), and American Southern Home Insurance Company) and is secured through GEICO Insurance Agency, LLC.
Coverage is subject to policy terms, conditions, limitations, exclusions, underwriting review and approval, and may not be available for all risks or in all states. Rates and discounts vary, are determined by many factors and are subject to change. Wellness rewards are offered as a supplementary benefit to the pet health insurance policy and are not an insurance product. Wellness rewards are offered and administered by Embrace Pet Insurance Agency in the United States.
Check Out a New Quote
You are about to leave geico.com