Renters Insurance - When You Need Help
Hopefully renters insurance is one of those items you will never need to use. But should a situation arise where you need to file a claim related to renting an apartment, condo, single family home or other rental situation, here are some useful tips:
- As soon as you are able, call the GEICO Insurance Agency in order to review your policy and begin the process of submitting a claim.
- Although it might be tempting to throw away or destroy the damaged items, resist until the claims adjuster has had time to inspect the items.
- Hopefully you have a complete inventory of belongings in addition to photographs of the items prior to the loss. It is a good idea to take pictures of the damaged items as soon as possible. Depending upon the type of loss, some items may continue to deteriorate—so don't delay.
- Take time to collect your documents, photographs, receipts and other paperwork for any items claimed in the loss.
- Start a new file for receipts, expenses, repairs and other costs associated with the loss. Depending on your policy and coverage, repairs, replacement, clean up and even lodging might be covered.
- Don't begin clearing, cleaning or performing other tasks until you have authorization from the insurance company. If the damaged items are a potential health hazard, call your claims representative or adjuster for instructions on what to do next. Depending upon the type of problem, they will be able to instruct you on the best course of action required to minimize damage and ensure safety for all involved.
The above-listed tips are for informational use only. Refer to your insurance policy contract for specific information regarding your coverages and for actual terms, conditions and exclusions. The above statements are general in nature and may or may not reflect the actual terms of your insurance policy.