Types of Boats Covered
What types of boats can GEICO help you insure?
You see all kinds of different car models on the road, but who knew there are so many different models of boats out on the water? As a boat enthusiast, you probably did. Isn't it nice to know that we can help you get a boat insurance policy or a personal watercraft policy that will protect your favorite watercraft in the event of an accident?
What kind of boat do you have?
Find your style of boat from the following list:
- Bow Rider – Open bow type of boat with seating. They are best suited for use in lakes and inland waterways (16 - 28 feet).
- Center Consoles – Single decked open hull boats with the operator's console (helm) in the center of the boat. Work great as fishing boats. Most are powered by outboard motors. (18 - 28 feet).
- Cuddy Cabin – A boat that contains a small cabin in the bow (18 - 28 feet).
- Walk Around – Cross between center console and a cuddy boat. Generally used as fishing boats and they contain a small cabin. (18 - 28 feet).
- Ski Boats – Flat bottom, high torque boats designed to safely tow water skiers. Powered by high-horsepower engines.
- Pontoon – Relatively inexpensive, flat hulls that sit on pontoons. Commonly referred to as "party boats" (16 - 30 feet). Should only be used in calm inland waters.
- Jet Boats – Propelled by a jet of water ejected from the back of the craft. Come in a variety of sizes.
- Personal Watercraft – A watercraft used for recreational purposes that you sit or stand on. Often referred to as WaveRunner, Jet Ski or Sea Doo which are actually brand names.
- Sailboats – A boat propelled partially or entirely by sails. Can be used for racing, sport or just cruising.
- Bass Boats – A small, flat bottom boat used primarily for bass fishing in inland waters. They are often equipped with swivel chairs for easy casting. (14 - 22 feet).
- And other Fishing Boats too.
Your boat model may not be shown here, but that doesn't mean we can't help you find insurance to cover it. Why not get a free boat insurance quote to see how much you could save?