RV & Travel Trailer Insurance Coverage Options
Who needs the hassle of booking flights, lining up rental cars, and hotels? You've got an RV or travel trailer which means you just pick up and go! Lucky for you, GEICO offers specialized RV insurance or travel trailer insurance to help protect you and your belongings at an affordable rate.
RV Insurance Coverage With GEICO, Because Home Is Where You Park It
RVers encounter situations that are unique to life on the road. So with that in mind, GEICO offers an enhanced Motorized RV and Towable RV insurance policy in most states.* These enhanced recreational vehicle insurance coverages include:
Total Loss Replacement – provides you with a new, comparably-equipped RV if your RV is totaled within its first four model years. When the RV is in the fifth through seventh model years, the settlement is the higher of the actual cash value at the time of loss or the original documented purchase price. After the seventh model year, the settlement is on an actual cash value basis. (Coverage availability may vary by state and vehicle value.)
Replacement Cost Personal Effects – pays for the replacement of your personal items in your RV that resulted from a covered loss. $1,000 or $5,000 of Replacement Cost Personal Effects coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage depending upon the state in which the RV is rated. Additional limits of coverage are available up to $100,000 for additional premium.
Vacation Liability – pays for Bodily Injury and Property Damage losses that occur at your vacation site. $10,000 of Vacation Liability coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
Emergency Expense Coverage – pays your expenses for hotels and transportation due to a covered loss. $1,000 of Emergency Expense coverage is automatically included at no additional cost with Comprehensive and Collision coverage.
Special Windshield Deductible – charges nothing for RV windshield repair, and $50 for RV windshield replacement.
Medical Payments Coverage for RVs – there are 2 types of medical payments coverage that can apply to RVs. The types available depend on the type of RV you are insuring.
- Recreational Vehicle Medical Payments Coverage - pays the cost of necessary medical treatment caused while the RV is parked off public roads and being used as a temporary dwelling or for recreational purposes at an insured location. An insured location is defined as:
- A campsite or parking site rented or owned by the customer
- Vacant property rented or owned by the customer
- A radius of 25 feet around the vehicle when parked off public roads and legally on public or private property
- Medical Payments Coverage – pays the cost of necessary medical treatment caused in an RV accident, regardless of fault. This coverage would apply to motor homes but not travel trailers.
GEICO covers motorized recreational vehicles including Type A motorhomes, Type B motorhomes (van campers) and Type C motorhomes (mini motor homes), as well as sport utility recreational vehicles.
Travel Trailer Insurance
GEICO provides insurance coverage for towable RVs and travel trailers, including:
- Conventional travel trailers
- fifth-wheel travel trailers
- travel trailers with expandable ends
- folding camper trailers and truck campers
*Enhanced RV coverage is currently available in all states except: HI, MA, MI, and NC.
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.