Ohio Car Insurance Quotes
Get a fast and free auto insurance quote today.
Find Ohio car insurance that fits your life and budget while maintaining coverage that meets or exceeds the Buckeye State's minimum requirements for an auto policy. No matter where you're driving in Ohio's many large cities and small towns, make sure you have a car insurance policy that delivers competitive rates with outstanding 24/7 customer service. We also offer some great car insurance discounts that could help you save even more on your policy. Get a car insurance quote from GEICO if you're new to Ohio or just interested in switching insurance providers.
Required Minimum Auto Insurance Coverage in Ohio
The following insurance coverage is the minimum required by the state of Ohio to legally operate a motor vehicle:
- Bodily injury liability coverage: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability coverage: $25,000 per accident
While these are the minimum coverages Ohio requires you to have, everyone's insurance needs are unique. Our licensed Ohio agents can help you figure out the right coverages for you.
How to Lower Your Ohio Car Insurance Premium
Everyone likes to get cheap car insurance, and there are several premium reductions and discounts available that could save you money on GEICO auto insurance in the state of Ohio. We've pulled together a list of them for you along with all of the necessary state requirements for each one.
Multi–Policy Discounts on Ohio Insurance Policies
We love saving you money. That's why Ohio residents who have more than one policy in their GEICO portfolio (one being auto coverage) could get a reduction on their Ohio car insurance premium. Examples include:
- Auto and homeowners
- Auto and renters
- Auto and condominium
- Auto and mobile home
- Auto and motorcycle
- Auto and umbrella
Ohio Good Driver Discount
Good drivers deserve a break, and in Ohio, those who meet certain criteria will receive a discount on their auto insurance premium. Ohio Insurance Code defines a Good Driver as one who is at least 21 years of age and:
- Has verifiable license experience for at least 5 years; and
- Has not been convicted of a DUI, speeding or other major or minor violations during the 5–year Experience Period; and
- Has not been involved in an accident for which they were at fault during the 5–year Experience Period
Are you a part of any educational, alumni, professional or member organizations? When you get a quote, make sure you let us know what you're a part of. If it's one of the 800+ organizations that we partner with, you could get a special discount on your car insurance. That means former Univ. of Cincinnati Bearcats, Xavier Musketeers, Ohio Rockets, and many others could save more.
Ohio Good Student Discount
Young OH drivers between ages 16–24 classified as being single qualify for a Good Student Discount if they are enrolled in a fulltime academic home study program, high school, college or university and meet one of the following criteria:
- Rank among the upper 20% of the class or have at least a B average (3.0 GPA)
- Maintain a position on the Dean's List or Honor Roll, if applicable
- Have ranked in the upper 20% of one of the following national standardized tests administered within the past 12 months: PSAT, PACT, SAT–1, or ACT
Get a car insurance quote today to see how much you could save with a Good Student Discount.
GEICO Makes Ohio Car Insurance Easy
From getting a quote to handling claims or other issues, you'll see just how personable and convenient every interaction can be when you choose GEICO.
We've made insurance easy with our #1 rated insurance app*.
- File a claim in less than two minutes
- Access Kate, your virtual assistant 24/7
- Request Emergency Road Service (ERS)
- Track your claim process on Claims Navigator
Ohio Insurance Agents Near You
Swing by our local GEICO offices in Cincinnati, Cleveland, Columbus, Dayton, or Canton. Our local agents across Ohio are ready and available to help you get a policy tailored to your needs and lifestyle with a personal touch. Learn more about Ohio insurance agents and find your nearest office.
Ohio Teen Driving Laws: What Parents Should Know
If you're the parent of a teen who's getting close to the driving age, you and your teen should know:
- Six months after a teenager's 15th birthday, he or she is able to apply for a learner's permit
- A teen permit-holder under the age of 16 may only practice with a parent or guardian, while a teen permit-holder over the age of 16 may practice with any licensed driver over the age of 21
- Before applying for a license, a teen driver under the age of 18 must complete a driver training course consisting of classroom instruction, day driving, and night driving experience
- A licensed teen under the age of 18 may carry only one passenger, and cannot drive between midnight and 6:00 AM.
These restrictions are lifted when a teen reaches 18 years of age.
*The GEICO Mobile app and site received #1 rankings according to Dynatrace's 2018 Q1 Mobile Insurance Scorecard.