Oregon Car Insurance
Car Insurance in Oregon with Competitive Rates
Are you looking for affordable car insurance in Oregon? With GEICO, you get the right combination of 24/7 customer service along with competitive rates for Oregon drivers. We also offer great car insurance discounts in the Beaver State, from savings for students to premium reductions for safe drivers. Just get a fast and free car insurance quote online and see how much you could save with GEICO.
What to Do If You Have a Car Accident in Oregon
If you are involved in a traffic accident in the state of Oregon, you must file a Traffic Accident and Insurance Report with the Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (OR DMV), even if there was a police report filed. Your report must be filed within 72 hours, show the name of your liability insurance company and the policy number. Make sure your vehicle is covered and you have proof of car insurance in Oregon before you drive.
Learn More About Required Oregon Auto Insurance Coverage
Oregon law requires every driver to carry at least these minimum car insurance coverages:
- Bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage: $20,000 per accident
- Personal injury protection: $15,000 per person
- Uninsured motorist coverage bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
Oregon Provisional License Restrictions for Drivers Under 18
The State of Oregon has a provisional licensing program to help teen drivers stay safe on the roads.
Oregon issues a provisional Class C instruction permit to drivers 15–17 years old, which allows you to operate a vehicle only while accompanied by a licensed driver at least 21 years of age in the front seat. A valid instruction permit must be held for at least 6 months prior to being eligible for a provisional driver's license beginning at age 16.
Drivers 16–17 years of age who have held a valid instruction permit for at least 6 months, have completed the required minimum 50 hours of supervised driving experience, and have passed the drive test and vision screening test may be eligible for a provisional license, which allows them to drive under the following restrictions for their first year:
- For the first year of the provisional license, teens may not drive between midnight and 5 AM unless driving to and from home or work, to and from home and school, or when accompanied by a licensed driver who is at least 25 years of age.
- For the first 6 months of the provisional license, teens are not allowed to carry any passengers under the age of 20 except for immediate family members.
- For the second 6 months of the provisional license, teens are allowed no more than 3 passengers under the age of 20 except for immediate family members.
All persons under 18 years of age are not allowed to operate a motor vehicle while using a mobile communication device.
Oregon Insurance Agents
One of the features of Oregon car insurance with GEICO is that you have 24/7 access to file a claim or get in touch with customer service over the phone, online, or on the GEICO Mobile app. But we also have you covered for those times when you prefer to speak directly with a local agent. From Portland to Eugene, GEICO has insurance agents across the state of Oregon who are ready to answer all of your questions about car insurance or any of our insurance policies.
Award-Winning Customer Satisfaction
For J.D. Power 2020 award information, visit jdpower.com/awards.
Check Out a New Quote
You are about to leave geico.com