Renters Insurance in Florida
Are you looking for renters insurance in Florida?
If you're renting an apartment in Orlando, Tallahassee, or other places in Florida, then renters insurance from the GEICO Insurance Agency can help protect you and your possessions. Some landlords may require a renters insurance policy during your lease. Renters insurance may also protect you if a guest of yours gets injured.
Renters insurance isn't only for apartments. In Florida, you may need renters insurance for other types of homes such as:
- A loft in Miami
- A single-family house in Gainesville
- A townhome in Melbourne
What is covered by renters insurance in Florida?
A renters insurance policy can help you in Florida for situations like:
- An apartment building fire, which damages the apartment or damages your personal items. This may leave you without a safe place to live.
- A thief breaking into your condo and stealing your laptop, cell phone, or flat screen TV.
- A visiting friend getting injured in your townhome, then suing you.
Without the right insurance coverage, you may be responsible for replacing your personal items even if the loss isn't your fault. Replacing your clothes, laptop, and furniture out-of-pocket may quickly add up to a substantial cost.
How much does renters insurance cost in Florida?
Your renters insurance premium in Florida will depend on the coverage you choose to buy and the deductible amount. Our personal property calculator can help customize your renters insurance policy and consider your personal belongings. You can also create a virtual home inventory list using our Personal Property Scanner in our GEICO Mobile app. Then check out the renters insurance discounts you may be eligible for in Florida. You'd be surprised at how affordable a renters policy can be!
Other reasons to have renters insurance in FL.
Renters insurance may not be a legal requirement in the state of Florida, but you may still want to consider renters insurance. Here are a few reasons why:
- Theft: Rental units are prime targets for theft. Building security may not be enough to protect against unwanted intruders.
- Fire and Smoke Damage: Your landlord's insurance might cover replacement of the carpet, but it's not likely to cover replacement of your furniture. Renters insurance can cover items damaged by fire, smoke, and other situations.
- Water Damage: Similar to fire and smoke, your renters insurance may cover items caused by certain types of water damage.
- Temporary Living Expenses: If your apartment is damaged due to a covered loss, you may need to find a place to stay. Some policies include coverage for hotel expenses if you can't use your apartment.
- Liability Protection: Renters insurance can cover the cost of someone's injury to another person on your property. It may include medical payments coverage which covers people who don't live with you, but who are injured in your apartment.
- Inexpensive: Renters insurance can be very affordable, especially for people renting their first apartment. Deductibles can raise or lower the cost of your premium—so you should consider what deductible you want to have. A higher deductibles can lower the cost of an insurance premium, but you should consider how much of a deductible you're willing to pay if you were to have a claim.
Renters insurance is important coverage to protect you and your possessions—and it could save you thousands of dollars. Get a free renters insurance quote and get covered today
The above is meant as general information and as general policy descriptions to help you understand the different types of coverages. These descriptions do not refer to any specific contract of insurance and they do not modify any definitions, exclusions or any other provision expressly stated in any contracts of insurance. We encourage you to speak to your insurance representative and to read your policy contract to fully understand your coverages.
Renters coverages are written through non-affiliated insurance companies and are secured through the GEICO Insurance Agency, LLC.
The information you provide will be shared with our business partners so that they can return a quote.
Check Out a New Quote
You are about to leave geico.com
- Car Insurance
- Other Vehicle Insurance
- Home Insurance
- Flood Insurance
- Business Insurance
- Identity Theft Protection
- Life Insurance
- Travel Insurance
- Umbrella Insurance