Washington, D.C. Car Insurance Quotes
Looking for great auto insurance in Washington, DC? GEICO has you covered. If you're a driver in our nation's capital or the surrounding areas of Maryland and Virginia, find the perfect auto policy for your vehicle by starting a free car insurance quote today.
GEICO offers great features in an auto insurance policy.
Car insurance in Washington, D.C. is only as good as the features and service that come with it. Discover why GEICO is one of the top auto insurance providers in the Washington, D.C. area.*
- Variety in car insurance discounts
- 24/7/365 availability through the GEICO Mobile app
- Emergency Road Service
- Convenient claims reporting and service
- Auto Repair Xpress®
- Local insurance agents in your neighborhood
Get dependable car insurance in Washington, D.C. through GEICO.
Getting quality car insurance in Washington, D.C. is simple when you choose GEICO. To explore all your available auto policy options, start a free car insurance quote online or give us a call at (800) 947-AUTO (2886) today.
Washington, D.C. Auto Insurance—The Basics
- The Compulsory/No-Fault Motor Vehicle Insurance act requires drivers to have valid Washington, D.C. insurance to register a car for the first time or renew registration. The insurance must be maintained the entire time the car is registered. Drivers may be fined for not having insurance on their vehicles.
- Drivers in Washington, D.C. must always carry their proof of insurance. If stopped by a police officer, drivers may be asked for their license, registration, and insurance card. Failure to provide proof of insurance may result in a fine.
- If your D.C. car insurance is terminated, you must turn in your vehicle tags and registration to the Department of Motor Vehicles immediately.
Required Washington, D.C. Car Insurance Coverage
Washington, D.C. drivers must have at least the following coverages to drive legally in the District:
- Bodily injury liability: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Property damage liability: $10,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident
- Uninsured motorist property damage: $5,000 per accident with a $200 deductible
- Underinsured motorist bodily injury: $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident**
- Personal injury protection (PIP): Multiple options**
While these are the minimum coverages Washington, D.C. requires you to have, everyone's insurance needs are different. Visit our Coverage Calculator to get a personalized recommendation.
Local Insurance Agents in the Washington, D.C. Area
GEICO car insurance also comes with the peace of mind that only a dedicated team of local insurance agents can provide. We have offices and agents across the D.C. region ready to offer the very best in customer service for all your questions or car insurance needs. View a complete list of Washington, D.C. area GEICO insurance agents and offices in Maryland and Virginia.
*Market share data as reported by the 2017 A.M. Best Market Share Report. GEICO is a registered service mark of Government Employees Insurance Company, Washington, DC 20076; a Berkshire Hathaway Inc. subsidiary. © 2018 GEICO
**Underinsured Motorist Bodily Injury and Personal Injury Protection coverages can be rejected.
Check Out a New Quote
You are about to leave geico.com