Car Insurance For Teens: Information And Resources
Educating Yourself And Your Teen
**Teens, check out our resources for you.
You, the parent, and your influence can help shape a responsible attitude about driving. And you can help teens gain the experience they need to stay safe on the road—and keep your car insurance rates low. Find out how with the information and resources below.
Articles And Information For Parents
- Feeling social? Subscribe to our YouTube Teen Drivers channel for safety videos for and about teens.
- Cutting costs: Adding a teenager to your car insurance policy can be daunting, but there are steps you can take to help save money on premiums.
- Graduated drivers license: Proven to improve teen safety and their driving skills, learn why this important tool is one you should be enforcing.
- Ten tips for parents: What contributes to teen accidents? How can parents help prepare their teen for the dangers of driving? Read our top ten tips to help you prepare for this transitional period.
- Safety technology aids teen drivers: Automakers have been responding to the growing dangers that many drivers face. Learn about the latest technology available and what's just around the corner in auto and driving safety.
- Teens and safe cars: A major factor in teen safety is the kind of car they drive. The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS) and the Insurance Information Institute (III) say a safe vehicle can make a big difference.
Information From The GEICO Education Foundation
- Driver's first 6 months and the contract you need to sign: The first 6 months your teen is on the road are critical. Driving is the greatest danger your teen will face. Learn why and then go over our Parent-Teen Contract with your young driver before they hit the road.
Teen Driving Resources: Find brochures, presentations and a parent-teen contract for educating teens and parents on the challenges facing young drivers.
GEICO Family Pricing Program
Our Family Pricing program allows you the freedom of moving your teen or young adult driver from your GEICO policy to his or her own GEICO policy while continuing to receive the same great auto insurance rates you're currently receiving. Plus, like you, your young driver will enjoy our outstanding customer service; we'll be here to assist if making a policy change, filing a claim, or even just asking us a question. (The young driver on your policy may not qualify for all of the discounts you are currently receiving, so this may impact the quote he or she receives.)
When your son or daughter is ready to consider a GEICO car insurance policy of his or her own, we're here to help. Get an auto insurance quote online, visit a local agent, or call (800) 555-2760 for the GEICO Family Pricing program.